Difference between A1 and A2 type milk?
- Casein is the largest group of proteins in milk, making up about 80% of
total protein content. There are several types of casein in milk, and beta-casein is
second most common.
- Two most common forms of beta-casein are A1 beta-casein and A2 beta-casein
- Milk from foreign breeds (Jersey and Holstein Friesian) contain A1 protein.
- Milk from Indian cow breeds contain A2 protein. Happy Cows Milk is A2 milk
Harmful effects of A1 milk?
- Few of them mentioned below:
- Presence of amino acid called BCM 7 makes it harmful for consumption
- Type-1 diabetes
- Cardiovascular disease (IHD)
- Delayed psychomotor development among children, autism, schizophrenia, sudden
infant death syndrome (SIDS) auto-immune diseases, intolerances and allergies.
- Those with digestive disorders like stomach ulcers, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease,
Celiac disease, on long term medication or antibiotic treatment are at higher risk.
Benefits of A2 type of milk?
- Prevent obesity among children and adults
- Improve brain function
- Promotes digestion
- Increase breast milk production in feeding mothers.
- Prevents joint pain, asthma and mental problems.
- Promotes good kidney health
- Increases immunity
- Reduces acidity
- Helps in reducing chances of colon, breast and skin cancer
- One of the best natural anti-oxidants
- After mother’s milk, it is cow’s milk only which gives energy and full protection
- Detoxifies Body
- Enhances Memory Power
- Increases clarity of Voice
- Helps in reduction against PMS symptoms in the menstruation cycle
- Prevents migraine headache
- Good for thyroid
Indigenous Indian cows (A2 cows) and Jersey and Holstein Friesian Cows (A1 cows)?
- Milk of foreign breed cows contain a poisonous chemical called Casomorphine
Jersey cows have lesser and smaller sweat glands, thus not suitable for tropical climates like in India
- Jersey cows have higher maintenance cost and more prone to diseases due their physical structure as they are difficult to be cured by means of native Indian medicines
- Jersey cows give A1 type of milk and also carries more amount of pathogens
- Jersey cows are lazy in nature and not suitable for hard work
- Indigenous cow breeds are intelligent and always prefer clean areas to sit which helps them to avoid any diseases.
- Maintenance cost is less for Indian cows since they eat limited amount of fodder and can be treated with local Indian medicines.
- Indian cows can also survive when there is food shortage and do not suffer from long term diseases (most of the times)
What is meant by SNF value and Fat content?
- Milk SNF means Milk Solids-not-Fat comprising protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, etc in milk other than milk fat
- “Whole milk” means natural composition of milk without any processing.
- Homogenized” milk (abbreviated to refers to milk which is 3.25% butterfat (or milk fat).
- There are also skim milk, 1%, and 2% milk fat milks.
- Ideally quality of milk should be based on SNF. That is where nutrition comes from.
Why prefer cow milk over buffalo milk for urban consumption?
- Fat content is high (7.5) in buffalo milk as compared to cow milk (4.3)
- Fat intake in cities is way higher as compared to fat burn rate (via exercise)
- Cow milk is like mother’s milk. It has saturated fat (SF) 55-58%
- Melting point of cow milk SF is 37 degrees while buffalo milk is 40 degrees. Average human body temperature is 37.2 degrees. Hence easily digestible
- Cow milk is good for all, infant and adults
Why is Cow milk yellowish in color?
- Cow milk fat contains a coloring pigment called Beta-carotene (a carotenoid which is precursor of vitamin-A).
- Whereas buffalo milk lacks the same thus it is not yellowish like cow milk.
What is Pasteurized Milk ?
Pasteurization is a method to control bacterial activity in which milk is first boiled to certain temperature and then rapidly cooled. Drinking unpasteurized milk can be dangerous for those with weakened or low immune systems, such as young children and the elderly. Pasteurization is compulsory under the Food Safety Act. Happy Cows milk is minimally pasteurized to ensure our community members relish safe milk.
What is Homogenised Milk ?
Homogenization process involves high temperatures, agitation, and filtration to break down the natural fat molecules and mix these broken fat molecules in the Milk. When you homogenize milk, you not only change the size of the fat globules, you also rearrange the fat and protein molecules which could alter how they act in the human body. It is believed that this milk poses threat to heart health. Happy Cows milk is non- homogenized milk.
What is Toned Milk ?
Toned milk is a method, developed in India, of treating buffalo milk by adding skim milk, powdered skim milk and water to buffalo milk. This process decreases the fat content, increases the quantity of available milk, and ‘tones up’ the nonfat solids level to the original amount thereby reducing the cost. Happy Cows milk is non toned milk.
What is Whole Milk ?
- Milk containing all its constituents as received from the cow is called Whole- Milk.
- Milk from which no constituents such as unsaturated fats and other essential minerals have been removed.
- Happy Cows milk is Whole Milk.
What are Gir cows? (All Indian cows have similar basic traits)
- The Gir is a famous milk cattle breed of India. Native tract of the breed is Gir hills and forests of Kathiawar including Junagadh, Bhavnagar, Rajkot and Amreli districts of Gujarat.
- Coat color of Gir animals varies from shades of red and white to almost black and white or entire red.
- Skin colour is dominantly black but in a few animals it is brown
- Forehead is prominent, convex and broad like a bony shield. This overhangs eyes in such a way that they appear to be partially closed and the animal shows sloppy appearance. Ears are long and pendulous and folded like a leaf with a notch at the tip. Horns are curved turning back at the tip. They orient downwards and backwards from the base and incline a little upwards and forwards, thereafter.
- Gir animals have moderately developed dewlap: males have a large and pendulous sheath.
Tail is long and whip like; hooves are black and medium-sized; hair is short and glossy; skin is loose and pliable; hipbones are prominent; the body is well proportioned; the udder in cows is well developed and round and teat tips are round.
Uniqueness of Happy Cows milk?
- First hygienically packaged Gir cow A2 milk in Mumbai
- Cows don’t give milk, they produce milk which we humans consume
- Whole milk, non-homogenized, non-toned milk, minimally pasteurized
- Caring for cows as community member and not a commodity
- Cruelty free process: no adulteration, no injection and no hormone
- Freshness maintained due to close distance
- Protection of traditional breed cows since number and breed quality is drastically decreasing
- Empowering urban employment through delivery boys
- Ahimsa (protective), cruelty free process of serving cows even after it’s motherhood
- Open grazing, nutritious fodder and sometimes sugarcane fodder (during season)
- Natural insemination for cow pregnancy
- Cowherds are more skilled, enabling high standards of cow keeping
- Prtecting desi cow breeds
- Assured quality process
- Affordable compared to all existing brands for Indian cow milk
- Hygienic packaging
- Door step delivery (4am-9am)
- Pre-paid payment process to ensure smooth finances
- Alteration through Whatsapp-SMS on community care number 9222 9888 18
Milk comes from?
- Milk is collected from cowherds living in Satara-Kamshet belt
- Transported to pasteurization and packaging unit at Manchar
- Once packaging is done, it leaves for Mumbai in insulated vans
Milk quality ?
- Milk is of supreme quality, fresh, mild sweet, light cream, medium thick, 0.5mm malai, no visible particles, no adverse smells and the curd is pleasing sour.
- SNF range of 8.7-9.4 and Fat average 3.6-4.3.
- As pure as from a cow whom you would’ve personally nurtured
Which Cows ?
- Indigenous Indian (desi) breed cows. Focus is on Gir cows at present
Which milk type is Happy Cows milk?
- A2 type milk
How is the cow milked?
- Indian cows respond well to affection and care.
- During milking process calf gets first right to drink. Once done, cowherd hand milk’s the cow.
- Hygiene is maintained during the process and by the cowherd.
- No use of machines since it over-squeezes and dries the udder.
- We have performed nutritional and pesticide residue testing of the milk. It is organic, chemical free and pure by test.
- Grazing grass is organic since they grow under natural conditions.
- Cows are provided combination of green and dry fodder.
- Since the region has sugarcane farms, cows are also given sugarcane. This gives them good energy and mild sweetness in milk.
- Dead: They are buried with due respect.
- Old: Taken to Gaushala for service.
- Diseased: Cowherd ensures safe treatment (natural+allopathy). Cow is not milked during it’s treatment phase
- Non-milking: Kept at farm till next milking process. By-products are used for farming and manufacturing purposes.
- Male calves grow up to become bulls used for mating. Bull exchange has been an old followed tradition which helps diversity in the herd quality of cowherds.
- Hence we follow Ahimsa (protective) process of serving cows even after it’s motherhood.
Importance of cow grazing?
- Cows can have a variety of grass which helps them to choose between the ones with different medicinal qualities
- There is a direct contact with sunlight
- They get to exercise Duration of Happy Cow milk preservation?
- 24 hours if refrigerated under 4 degrees celsius
- It may last up to 48 hours. We don’t recommend since our focus is to provide fresh cow milk
How do you serve the cows?
- Cows are kept free (not tied) in groups of 30-40
- Each group has one bull for natural mating
- They are taken for grazing during the day time
- A lot of the above depends on individual cowherds and their ways of cow caring as per time and place
Who takes care of cows?
- Cows don’t give milk, they produce milk which we humans consume.
- The cowherd (Gowli-Maldhari) community specializes in cow keeping.
- Cow is an integral part of their community. Hence they care for it not as a commodity but a core part of their community.
- Indigenous cows live peacefully if served with love and care. Cowherd-cow relationship is a very personal connection which makes sure purity of consciousness.
- Free of any adulteration, fair-trade process, yield of the Indian cows is lesser, hygienic process, better cow keeping standards.
- Our milk is whole milk. We do not change the natural milk composition
- Few price sharing of indian cow milk in various cities Bangalore- Rs.90 Gurgaon-80 Mumbai-80-110-120 Hyderabad-100, Hyderabad-120
- Happy Cows Milk is fresh and economical at Rs.74 per liter
Fat content and SNF value of Happy Cows?
- SNF: 9.0-9.4 and Fat: 4.7-5.9
Which type of packaging?
- 3- layer food grade recyclable plastic pouch packaging.
- Advantages: Low pouch weight, better for transportation and distribution, high durability, recyclable and low carbon footprint
How do you assure consistency in quality?
- At procurement stage we ensure quality by giving premium, 60% more price than average.
- This ensures that cowherd is happy with the price and doesn’t have negative thoughts of adulterating the milk
- We have a SNF, FAT and additional water checking machine at our packaging unit. Milk is tested once it reaches the unit.
- Adulteration testing is done using the Test-o-Milk kit.
- Milk is filtered using mesh wired material.
- Packaging unit and collection utensils are cleaned every single day.
- Milk is packed in 3-layer food grade recyclable pouch packaging to ensure purity.
- Milk is transported is insulated vans to maintain freshness.
- Monthly postpaid (Online preferred or Cheque)
- Billing cycle is between 10th-17th of every month
- Alteration received before 1 PM is taken into consideration before the milk and packaging process starts at the farm to ensure milk is not wasted in the process.
- Delivery will be done between 4am-9am
Alteration process, ordering and customer query?
Whatsapp or SMS on community care number 9222 9888 18.
Text content: Customer name, address, quantity alteration
We will get back to you if delivery service is available in your area
Alteration or changes in daily milk quantity:
Whatsapp or SMS on 9222 9888 18 before 1 PM
Any alteration post 1 PM will be charged the daily order rate. This is to prevent any milk wastage.
Text content: Customer number_address_alteration quantity
Community service: Whatsapp or SMS on 9222 9888 18 or mail us on email@example.com. We ensure a revert within 24 hours
Connect With Us